Hi all,

For a couple days now I've been trying to figure out this problem and
can't seem to manage.

I have two processes, both of which connect to the same SQLite database
and do the following:

process 1:

# opens database
PRAGMA foreign_keys = ON;
PRAGMA journal_mode = PERSIST;
INSERT INTO sometable (somecolumns) VALUES (somevalues);
# closes database

process 2:

# opens database
PRAGMA foreign_keys = ON;
PRAGMA journal_mode = PERSIST;
BEGIN DEFERRED TRANSACTION;
SELECT somecolumns FROM sometable WHERE someconditions;
DELETE FROM sometable WHERE someconditions;
COMMIT TRANSACTION;
# closes database

After a couple iterations both processes start getting the "database
locked" error and never work again unless one of them is killed.

The funny thing is that I tested this on two configurations. One is a
32-bit Debian box with libsqlite-dev 3.7.3-1 installed. The other is a
64-bit Gentoo box with sqlite 3.7.7.1. The problem only arises on the
first one. When I noticed it I looked through the version history but
have not seen any mention of a bug like that being solved.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Mikolaj