On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 12:40:08PM -0500, Pavel Ivanov scratched on the wall:
> >> Another option is to start IMMEDIATE transaction in the second process
> >> to avoid this course of action altogether.
> >
> > ?Yes. ?That won't fix the issue (you'll still get contention issues
> > ?that will require restarting the transaction) but they'll show up
> > ?at the beginning of the transaction, rather than the end.
>
> And because they happen at the beginning of transaction one can deal
> with that with a simple statement retry just like Mikolaj deals with
> SQLITE_BUSY after a single INSERT in the first process I guess. So he
> won't see it as "transaction restarts" in this case, just statement
> retries. That's why it can be seen as fixing the issue.

  Right... it doesn't get rid contention and of the posibility of an
  SQLITE_BUSY, but-- from a code sturcture standpoint-- it often makes
  recovery much simpler.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson