On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 11:23:42AM -0400, peter korinis wrote:

> After I get the data loaded and inspect for nulls in prospective index
> attributes, can I add indices?

Yes, of course. Moreover, it would be much faster to add indices at once
at the end rather than create them beforehand and then update with every new
piece of data.

> I was planning to load using sqlite3 CLI ".import" command. Is there a way I
> can monitor the progress of the load, with only minimal impact on
> performance ?

You can monitor (by some external means) either the database file size or
read pointer position in the input data file. Both of them grow linearly
with amount of data processed.

> I've started several loads only to find out hours later that
> nothing has been loaded.

Anyway be prepared to spend some of your time on learning.

Valentin Davydov.