KUSHAL SHAH <adroi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am starting simple where I have exe1 having 1 connection and exe2 having
> another connection.
> Now if both of them open the connections in mutex mode, will the read/write
> requests be serialized. It seems you are saying No.

I'm not sure what you mean by "mutex mode" - I'm not familiar with this term.

If you have multiple connections, each used by a single thread (whether in the
same or different EXEs, doesn't matter), then:

- in "traditional" roll-back journal mode, at any point in time the database
may be accessed by multiple readers, *or* by a single writer
- in WAL mode, the database may be accessed by multiple readers *and* a single
writer.

> If so, then what is the advantage of mutex? Like, I would expect that a
> single thread connection will anyways serialize its
> requests from the client. What am I missing?

I don't understand the term "thread connection" either.

What scenario do you have in mind, exactly? How many threads are using how many
connections? Which of these threads attempt to read, and which attempt to write?

The documentation at http://sqlite.org/wal.html explains this in detail.

> Specifically, can I do that in System.Data.SqLite client?

I'm unfamiliar with this client. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will
chime in soon.

> Also, what happens when 2 connections(with mutex) try to write? Will one of
> them get sqlite_busy?

Yes.
--
Igor Tandetnik