> What about if table name or column name contains that escape character?
> Do I need to escape it in another way?

http://sqlite.org/faq.html#q14

This FAQ topic doesn't apply here. We're talking about schema names or keywords, while FAQ#14 is literal escaping a single quote.

Given that we have 3 ways to quote a schema name ("abc def", [abc def] and `abc def`) it's unlikely that a user would select a real-world name including all 3 " [ ` as significant characters. So that "solves" the issue for user entried schema names.

OTOH I agree with Marco in that it would be nice to have a solid rule that could be implemented in software to properly quote and escape schema names in the general case.

JcD