On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 01:47:01PM +0200, Jean-Christophe Deschamps scratched
on the wall:

> >> This FAQ topic doesn't apply here.  We're talking about schema
> >names or keywords, while FAQ#14 is literal escaping a single
> >quote.
> >
> >create table "foo""bar" ( baz );
> >
> >select * from "one""two";
> >
> >select * from sqlite_master;
> >
> >table|foo"bar|foo"bar|9|CREATE TABLE "foo""bar" ( baz )

> I knew this particular escape worked, granted, but this isn't documented.

  All three of these are part of the SQL standard:

  A) The use of single quotes to define string literals
  B) The use of double quotes to define identifiers**.
  C) The use of repeat characters as an escape.

  ** An "identifer" in SQL is an object name, such as a database name,
     table name, or column name.

> So some questions remain: what are the definitive rules?

  Unless otherwise documented, the SQL standard.  See above three points.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson