On 29.06.2012 13:42, Dennis Volodomanov wrote:
On 29/06/2012 9:25 PM, Simon Slavin wrote:
Your app or the shell tool is running while you delete the file, or do you
quit, delete, then restart them ?

When you specify the database file to open are you specifying a full path, from
the 'C:\' on down, or are you relying
on some default folder being specified by something ? The usual trick is that
your application is opening a database
from one folder, the shell tool is opening the database from another folder,
and the one you're deleting is one or
none of them. Make sure everything specifies the full path, just until you've
figured out this problem.

It's all fully-qualified paths, no default folders :) And yes, the db is
deleted when everything is closed (and checked
using Task Manager).

It's probably best to start off by assuming that the SQLite shell tool does
exactly what it's documented to do 100% of
the time. There are thousands of users of it out there and a bug like you
describe would have been reported to this
list many times by now.

You should be able to use a database file as a messaging system. Put a row in
it using the shell tool, then read it
out using your app and make sure it has the right value. Then put a row in it
using your app and read it out using the
shell tool. If that's not working, they're opening different files, your app is
buggy, or you have a hardware failure
of some sort.

What's weird here (I'll just re-instate it) is that when a DB is created from
within the app, it seems to inherit some
entries from an already deleted DB. I'm not sure how that's possible, but it
appears to be what I'm seeing (if the .dump
command in sqlite shell is reporting the truth, which I do assume it does).

Just a quess: Are you using wal mode ?
And how to you "delete" the DB ? Are you removing also any journal or -wal
files (if any) ?

Marcus

I'll try to reproduce this using the shell tool (creating the DB) and see what
happens.

Dennis

Marcus Grimm
MedCom GmbH Darmstadt, Rundeturmstr. 12, 64283 Darmstadt
Tel: +49(0)6151-95147-10
Fax: +49(0)6151-95147-20
web: www.medcom-online.de