Never heard about tunnelling before this, but I tried to turn it off and it has no effect. I've also (numerously) deleted the whole folder and created it from scratch and I'd still get that contents. Interestingly, I now keep getting a different contents than before - it's now from the last attempt of running my app where I stopped it mid-way through debugging.

I suspect that Windows' FS is got a screw lose at this point. Hopefully a disk check will uncover this.

My suspicion is that I was debugging and stopped the app. Then I likely deleted the DB, as I do that often, but perhaps at this point the wal journal or the main db itself got corrupted in the file system table. And perhaps now when I try to create this DB in this folder, the OS is pulling out this old journal (or the main db) instead of the new one. I know it doesn't sound very plausible, but it's the best guess I've got at the moment :) I mean, to have executed "sqlite3 mydb.ext" and not see "mydb.ext" appear in a folder, but to actually have contents coming from a .dump, is certainly the OS doing something?

   Dennis