Hi,

I have a problem with this. Even when I invoke an old sqlite3
executable, Mountain Lion still launches 3.7.12. Apparently Apple
prevents starting other versions of it and redirects everything to
their current version in /usr/bin.

As I wrote earlier, the same thing happened with the sqlite3.dylib.
I am positive that I loaded an older library from my code, but Mac OS
replaced it with the current one they have.

Ever heard of such a thing? And how to work around it?

So there's still no solution ...

Cheers,
Tobias