Hi Richard,

*Just for getting better understanding*

you wrote:

"

Consider using the "unix-dotfile" VFS instead of the standard "unix" VFS.
(Add the string "unix-dotfile" as the 4th argument to sqlite3_open_v2().)

The unix-dotfile VFS will use dot-file locking instead of posix advisory
locking.  The unix-dotfile VFS will usually work better on NFS.

The down side of unix-dotfile is that will cut concurrency, but it sounds
like you are not using concurrency anyhow.  Also, if a process crashes, it
might leave a stale dot-file lock that you'll need to clear manually.

"

But if I understand correctly from documentation, locks matters only in
cases in which INDEED concurrency happens.
In my case, no concurrency is involved. how is changing VFS will help in
this case ?