OK thanks folks. Here is the full query (which is why I can't use WHERE
clauses! It has always worked before...... I have removed the double-quoted
but it makes no difference.

SELECT COUNT( "Year2007" ), COUNT( "Year2008" ), COUNT( "Year2009" ),
COUNT( "Year2010" ), COUNT( "Year2011" ), COUNT( "Year2012" ), COUNT(
"Year2013" ) FROM "Members"