On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 05:37:02PM -0500, Richard Hipp wrote:

> Per the docs:  "Only the superuser or a process possessing the
> CAP_SYS_RESOURCE capability can set or clear this attribute."  That
> prevents most applications that run SQLite from being able to take
> advantage of this, since most such applications lack elevated privileges.

If this feature would prove useful to sqllite, that's something we
could address.  I could image making this available to processes that
belong to a specific group that would be specified in the superblock
or as a mount option.  (We already have something like that which
allows a specific uid or gid to use the reserved space in the
superblock.)

                                                        - Ted