On 25 Nov 2012, at 9:12pm, Keith Chew <keith.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, thanks for the all the suggestions, I will find a workaround. The
> reason I am asking is that I am using sqlite to perform data
> synchronisation between a server and client, and after a day, the WAL file
> size can grow to 3GB, quite a bit. I will look at improving the SQL update
> to reduce some of the overhead.

Okay, if you're doing this set up updates to do synchronisation then you're
going about it a very poor way.  We've written a lot on this list about the
problems with synchronisation over the years and you'll find that your way
isn't going to be efficient.

Instead of keeping a list of the modified data, consider keeping a list of the
commands used to modify it. Or logging the fields modified as they're modified.

Simon.