Hi

I have an existing application, which I am experimenting with
replacing MySQL with sqlite. I have 2 boxes, one running MySQL, the
other sqlite.

Execution times for every insert/update/delete SQLs is measured, and a
warn log is printed if it takes > 250ms to perform the SQL.

OS configuration:
- kernel 2.6.39
- ext3, data=ordered, commit=1, barrier=1

On the MySQL box, I do not see any warn logs, so everything is going
well. On the sqlite box, I see warn logs come up quite often, ranging
from 350ms up to 4000ms to run simple insert/update/delete SQL.

I have tried many sqlite configurations including:
- WAL, synchronous=0, wal_autocheckpoint=0

which should make sqlite run the fastest!

My question is how do I go about tracing the cause of these latencies?
I am starting to look at tools like blktrace, is that the right path?
Some guidance on how to use some low level tools would be appreciated,

Regards
Keith