Hi Michael

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Black, Michael (IS)
<michael.bla...@ngc.com> wrote:
> Could it be waitiing on the prior transaction though?
>
> Since disk I/O lies it might be syncing the last transaction causing the new
> one to wait longer.

Yes, that is possible. In the application, it opens 5 connections and
put them in a pool. I had a look, and at the most 3 connections are
used at a time. So, I am looking at 3 TPS max.

The strange thing is that I am setting sqlite it to use WAL,
autocheckpoint off and synchronous off. Even in this setup, I still
see > 350ms transactions times for less than 3 TPS. A bit hard to
believe, so I am now doing a strace to find out exactly what is
hitting the disk.

Regards
Keith