On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Keith Chew <keith.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since there is no fsync (I know this using grep on the strace ouput),
> it is hard to tell what to look for in the strace. The output is very
> noisy, so it makes it hard to go through them.
>
> Does anyone know any handy flags for strace to only see all the
> activities associated with sqlite file access?

I have confirmed using strace there is no fsyncs done by sqlite (using
synchronous=0 or synchronous=1), just seeks and writes. fsync is seen
only when synchronous=2.

After conducting more tests (using synchronous=0), I have some results
which is baffling me:
- Mysql average insert time, with write-cache OFF: 1-2ms
- Mysql average insert time, with write-cache ON: 0-1ms
- sqlite average insert time, with write-cache OFF: 160ms (have seen
up to 4000ms)
- sqlite average insert time, with write-cache ON: 50ms (have seen up to 150ms)

Quite a significant difference. I am stumped on how to make sqlite run faster.

Regards
Keith