On 7 Dec 2012, at 1:36pm, dd <durga.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Simon.
>
> So I have to stop using database when error between 1 to 26.

You have to stop when you get any code you do not have specific logic to
handle.  Here is the list of result codes:

<http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/c_abort.html>

You can expect 0 from anything, and 100 and 101 from _step() calls.  You may
have written your own software which will cause or handle various errors (e.g.
4, 9, 19).  Anything you haven't written your own code to handle is a sign that
your program needs to immediately stop until you have figured out what caused
the error.

You might find it useful to look at the extended result codes if you don't
understand what's causing an error:

<http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/extended_result_codes.html>
<http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/c_abort_rollback.html>

> If I use new database connection (sqlite3*) for every query, will it cause
> disk io error?

It will not create them or prevent them, it will just make your software
slower.  That result code is what happens when your operating system reports an
error, which it may do for anything from broken hardware, a full hard disk, or
trying to edit a file without high enough permissions.  I don't know what's
causing the SQLITE_IOERR that you have seen.

> I am encrypting database with secret key. I changed page size also. Can
> sqlite handle encrypted database and different page sizes?

Each database has only one page size.  You can have as many databases open at
the same time as you want.  They do not all have to have the same page size.

Simon.