On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Krzysztof <dib...@wp.pl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using PRAGMA temp_store=2 so all temp tables are created in memory. I
> have temp table with 1 000 000 000 records. Memory used by my test
> application grow up to ~80 MB. If I delete all records from this table or
> drop table, then my application still use 80 MB of memory. I have tried
> also PRAGMA shrink_memory. Why sqlite don't free memory?'

The memory is available for reuse and will be reused for subsequent TEMP
tables.  The memory is not freed until the database connection closes,
however.  After 12 years and over 1,000,000 applications, you are the first
person to request that memory from deleted TEMP tables actually be freed.

> Regards

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org