On 10 Jan 2013, at 2:42pm, Bebel <gi.bella...@live.fr> wrote:

> I include all the operation made by my action (so open/close are included).
>
> I create one base per user, so I prefer not to merge database to make one
> bigger.

Okay.  This means that your enquiry is not the standard one of "faster
operations at all costs" that we get, you are unusual in that you want to open
and close databases very quickly and answers to other people's queries probably
won't consider that.

I suppose you could always look at faster hardware.  For example I have found
that opening a SQLite file on SSD is far faster than doing the same thing on a
spinning drive.

Simon.