On 15 Jan 2013, at 9:50am, Marcus Ilgner <mar...@doo.net> wrote:

> every now and then - very hard to reproduce - I get the SQLite error
> "malformed database schema" (error code 1). This happens when running
> lots of schema-changing statements after another and seems to occur
> only on systems with a very fast hard-disk (SSD).
> Fortunately, the database seems to be ok, i.e. everything works fine
> after closing and re-opening the file and re-issuing the statement.
> This is with in-memory temp database, WAL and PRAGMA synchronous=NORMAL.
> The statements (schema migrations) are grouped into blocks where each
> starts with a BEGIN EXCLUSIVE TRANSACTION and ends with committing the
> transaction.

Which version of SQLite are you using ?  You can tell us the result of

SELECT sqlite_version()

if that's convenient.

Are you using any PRAGMAs besides "PRAGMA synchronous=NORMAL" ?

Is the disk database you're using on a local drive or accessed across a network
?

You say that this happens only when using an SSD drive, but you also say that
this is with an in-memory temporary database.  This sounds a little strange.
What are you doing to tell SQLite you want an in-memory temporary database ?

Can you try the same thing with just "BEGIN" instead of "BEGIN EXCLUSIVE" ?

Simon.