>Ah, I did not understand this.   I ran three tests after enabling this:
>root@raspberrypi:/opt/obdpi/sql# sqlite3 trip.db 'PRAGMA journal_mode=WAL'
>wal
># time sqlite3 trip.db "delete from trip where key<=200"
>real    0m0.642s

[edited]
Sqlite4
>time /root/sqlite4/sqlite4 trip.db "delete from trip where key<=1358697579"

>real    0m0.623s
># time /root/sqlite4/sqlite4 trip.db "delete from trip where key<=1358697779"

>Thanks for reading, this was a long one!

I just wanted to follow up on this.  It sounds like from our discussion I am
doing everything I can, and at this point this is probably a limitation of the
hardware.

I reduced the indexes from 4 to 1, and realized some performance increase. I
also tested with sqlite4, and also had some more performance increase.

Should I call this day, and leave it like this with sqlite3, or preferably,
maybe compile against sqlite4, if this speed is a requirement?

Thanks!

Jason