On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 04:08:26 -0500, Kevin Benson
<kevin.m.ben...@gmail.com> wrote:
>*(8) How do I install System.Data.SQLite on a development machine?*

Thanks, but I still want to understand what the difference is between
all the options in the Downloads page

>Strictly speaking, there is no need to install System.Data.SQLite on any
>development machine (e.g. via the setup).

Is "the setup" =  sqlite-netFx40-setup-??-x86-2010-1.0.84.0.exe?

If so, what is the Setup file for, then? Only if we want the
design-time components?

Also, the Bundle packages contain the "System.Data.SQLite.dll
mixed-mode assembly", which is the SQLite C code + the .Net wrapper
built into a single file, to be copied into the GAC.
The wiki says that this is needed "to support some legacy application
on customer machines". Why/when should I worry about other
applications?

>   - Add a reference to the "System.Data.SQLite" assembly from the
>   "Externals" directory.

Should I run the installer.exe that the ZIP contains, so that SQLite
is  registered and available from VB.Net Express?

>*(9) How do I install System.Data.SQLite on end-user machines?*
>
>[...] Installing the assemblies into the Global Assembly Cache
> is not recommended as it may cause conflicts with other
>applications installed on the machine.

Because those other applications might still depend on the Phoenix
version, which is incompatible with the new SQLite version?

Thank you.