Simon,

The first select was the one that I retrieved from the MS Access DB.  That one
does NOT work in SQLite.  Thanks for explaining why it wasn't acceptable by
SQLite.

It was the second select, which I rewrote, that I was asking about.  That one
is acceptable by SQLite.  My question was if the second one accomplished the
same end results as the original (first) select.

Vance