On 25 Mar 2013, at 11:35am, c...@isbd.net wrote:

> I don't want to load/use a DBMS *when I'm editing the data*.  Of course
> a database management program is an excellent tool for managing the
> database, but they're generally rubbish at making it easy to enter data
> into the database.

Yeah, there seems to be that problem with database editors.  They start off as
little data editing utilities.  Then the authors add more features and them
more features, until you have to pick 'editing' and an editing mode before you
can do what the application was originally for.  Which is what you're trying to
avoid.

I ended up writing my own in JavaScript/PHP.  But you need to be a programmer
to do that.  And my own editor is custom-designed for the way my databases work
so it's not suitable for wide publication.

Simon.