We're using SQLite to manage a roughly 250Mb database on both Linux and Mac. In
order to make our lookups fast, we're creating an index table in the database.
On Linux, creating the table takes about 200 seconds. On the Mac the same
operation takes 6,400 seconds. Here's the "CREATE INDEX" statement we're using:

CREATE INDEX Full_Closure_Index ON Full_Closure(Client,Dependency)

Why is the Mac 30 times slower than Linux? They're both on the same network,
accessing the same network drive location, so neither has the advantage of
local disk access.

Any suggestions on how to improve the performance here would be very welcome.

FYI, we're using different version of SQLite on each architecture: v 3.6.23.1
on Linux and v 3.7.7 on the Mac.

Thanks very much.