Simon,
In the other area of the program I have a transaction that does 5 or 6
inserts and no selects.
This transaction works fine as I just verified.

Now in the failing case the flow goes like this:

First the program updates couple of tables, then it inserts this particular
record.
This algorithm is going thru the loop of the players vector.
I'm using the same handle and the same statement object. Only different
queries.

After every query I'm calling sqlite3_finalize() to free the memory and the
statement object.

Am I doing it wrong?

Thank you.