On 28 Apr 2013, at 3:51pm, Paolo Bolzoni <paolo.bolzoni.br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I should write my BLOB in another (not-indexed) table, UPDATE the
> indexed table copying from the other,
> and finally delete the line in the first table? All in one transaction?

That would work and would be a good solution if you change one BLOB at a time.

Or you can assemble the BLOB in memory and then write it all in one UPDATE
command.

Or you can have another BLOB column, an unindexed one, in the existing table
and do your editing to the value in that column:

BEGIN
    build up the BLOB
    UPDATE myTable SET permBLOB = tempBLOB, tempBLOB = 0 WHERE recID = 123456
END

This assumes that your BLOB is a long one which takes a lot of space.  If it
isn't, you can just leave the value there rather than zeroing it out.

Simon.