----- Original Message ----- From: "Andreas Kupries" <andre...@activestate.com> To: <phi...@blastbay.com>; "General Discussion of SQLite Database" <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Serialize an in-memory database

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Philip Bennefall <phi...@blastbay.com> wrote:
Hello all,

This may be a somewhat strange question, but I can't find an answer to it on
the website so I figured I would give it a shot.

Is it possible to put the full contents of an SqLite in-memory database into
a string/blob in memory?

If you can work with a file instead of string the backup/restore APIs
should be able to do what you want, i.e. backup of a live database to
a file, and back, and the live database can be in-memory, of course.

http://www.sqlite.org/backup.html

   See example 1.

http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/backup_finish.html#sqlite3backupinit

Hi Andreas,

Yes, I have seen the backup API. But I would like to avoid the disk file entirely and just serialize to and from memory.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall