Hello!

> Roman Fleysher Mon, 17 Jun 2013 09:14:59 -0700

> ... However, I do not understand why new
> functionality of SQLite is needed. Why can't the mapper use a special
table of
> three columns (I will use example from Alexey):

We can replace the "drop column" functionality by easy SQL script but we
can't replace the COMMENT statements functionality without uncontrolled
grow of database schema complexity and the loss of independance of single
table.

Main questions:
Can you dump only single table from your database and load it into second
database?
Can you use Fossil SCM or other for easy versioning schemas of your tables
independently?

And optionally:
Can you easy transform your database dump by shell utilities (sed,
awk,etc)?
Can you search by grep dump of your database?

The really simple and useful ideology:

    sqlite3 1.db '.dump'|sed ... | sqlite3 2.db

or

    sqlite3 1.db '.dump' > dump.sql
    fossil diff dump.sql

With SQLite we can do many things very simple. Why not?

--
Best regards, Alexey Pechnikov.
http://pechnikov.tel/