Just out of curiosity, either by including it as another SQLite built in
table, or, a user added table after the fact, couldn't a relationship be
built between the new table and a comment, or a field in a table and
comment be made?   So for example (A very VERY loose example)

create table sqlite_comment (identifier char, comment char)
or
create table sqlite_comment (identifier integer, comment char)

Identifier could either be a fully qualified name (IE: tMyTable or
tMyTable.UserDetails) and comment could be the required meta data?