That brilliant. It is as I thought. Odd behaviour though. I would have
thought having no database prefix would default to the main, after all I
don't put the prefix there usually and if you try to create two tables in
the same db you get an error (obviously). To be on the safe side I've
re-written the code to give the temp table a different name and altered all
the sql to use the new name. That seems fine.
I'll have to remember that issue though as it might crop up again if ever I
inadvertantly give a temp table the same name as one alreay in main.
regards
Howard