I wish.
I need to remove those records from another table as well. That's why I
need to retrieve playerid first.
So once again: will the delete affect the outer looping SQLite statement?

I hate to be the one asking the obvious questions, but why are you not using a trigger or or a foreign key to handle this? Unless your "other table" is also in another database, which I doubt due to your other question, then you can still set up a code call-back to your own program to do the linked deletion, but as the other Igor noted, I think you are trying to overcomplicate things.

If you can give us a more detailed view of your database and exactly how and when linked fields need to be deleted/updated/whatever, we'd be able to suggest an uncomplicated clear Foreign key relationship or Trigger method that should achieve it with the maximum efficiency.

Have a great day!