> Given all that, I will NEVER use the pure sql (if I can use any other
> solution).

given that the "ordinal in the result set" is a fallacious concept being
created for the convenience of an application program which cannot deal with
sets properly (or more likely a programmer who does not understand how
relational databases work), it would seem to me that it is appropriate to keep
the keep everything related to this kludge as close together as possible, and
in the application where it belongs.

Personally I can see no time at which such an ordinal would be of any use
whatsoever.