I tried the experiment again with -g3 -O0, I got less
information than expected (there are still many unknown
symbols in libsqlite3.so), but the function requiring all
this memory is sqlite3_step.

So maybe it is one complex query?
I would like to avoid excessive swapping on the
production server, maybe I should not worry at all?