On 07/17/2013 03:46 PM, Dušan Paulovič wrote:
Hello,
in virtual table mechanism is missing a way to correctly handle following
queries:

SELECT * FROM vtab WHERE field = 'abc' COLLATE NOCASE;
SELECT * FROM vtab WHERE field = 'abc' COLLATE USER_COLLATE;

To xBestIndex function is passed only constraint field = 'abc', but there
is no way to correctly compare (by correctly I mean accordingly to passed
collation) those strings because of missing collation functions in
constraint definition.

Patch for this issue exists for a long time:
http://osdir.com/ml/sqlite-users/2011-09/msg00152.html

Is there any chance that it could get merged?

I think the main problem is that it is not binary compatible.

Dan.