+100 on SQLite Expert.  I used the free version for about a month, but
found it to be so useful, and with the life time upgrades feature, had to
purchase to get the whole thing.  The developer also spies on all of us in
here, and is usually quick to reply to emails from registered users.
(Unless I catch him on vacation or something. ;))

One of the features that are in SQLite expert is a GUI SQL builder.  You
basically drag and drop tables from one pane into another, drag lines
between different fields, set conditions for each field, then a right-click
and a left-click on the popup menu and you get a working SQL string as well
as results of the query, to which you can then tune either via the SQL
code, or go back to the GUI and rebuild.