On 15/09/2013 2:23 PM, Yuriy Kaminskiy wrote:
Stephan Beal wrote:
On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Yuriy Kaminskiy <yum...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sure, there can be several way to interpret CURRENT_* and *('now').
However,
some of them can be useful (transaction, statement), and others (step) -
cannot
be. And some (sub-expression, the way it "works" currently) are purely
insane.

i've been following this list since 2006 or 2007 and i can't remember
Oh, yes, yes, "I was on debian [...] list since [...] and can't remember anyone
complaining about broken RNG for two years". So what?

And, by the way, I already complained about this behavior on this list in the
beginning of 2012 year.

anyone every complaining about the current behaviour before. If the
behaviour bothers you, use a user-defined function which provides the
It does not bother *me* - I can happily live with knowledge that SQLite
CURRENT_*/*('now') is broken by design and should not be used ever. It should
bother people that use sqlite for something serious.
Rhetorical question: if sqlite3's behavior were tightened up would anybody complain? Is there any possible use case where replacing the current random-ish behavior with something consistent would change an application? Seems like the requested behavior happens on accident often enough that no current application could rely on its failure to appear.

$0.02
Ryan