On 24 Sep 2013, at 7:09pm, Marc L. Allen <mlal...@outsitenetworks.com> wrote:

> Also, there are times when you do a bulk insert, so you have to structure the
> query to not fail on records that are already present.

Yeah.  Actually I got what I posted wrong.  I should have written

Which is why you do an INSERT OR FAIL, then do the UPDATE.
Or do an UPDATE first and iff that fails, do an INSERT.

The first version (INSERT OR FAIL, then UPDATE) won't lead to any SQLite errors
if one of the rows already exists. So you can do a whole lot of both lines in
one transaction and the transaction will still succeed.

Simon.