Was there any current or future resolution to this issue:

http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@sqlite.org/msg57117.html

We seem to be hitting the same problem.

We have a series of servers on AWS that use sqlite for backend storage.
Under relatively rare circumstances (suddenly we have a lot of concurrent
work to do across several processes hitting the same database at once,
which coincides with unfavourable EBS latency) we get SQLITE_PROTOCOL error
results.

The frequency of this error is roughly bi-weekly. But I doubt that
information will help because I'm quite confident it is the ganging up of
our workload along side EBS slow downs that trigger it.

Cheers,
Luke