Hi,

I have a scenario where I'm using an sqlite table as a queue for
inter-process communication. One or more processes feed the table, and one
or more different processes are meant to consume the data.

What's my best scenario in terms of minimizing conflicts?

Also, the consuming should be a 2-step process because the processing is
involved and may fail for reasons too long to explain here. So in essence,
select a record, modify it to indicate it's being processed, and once the
processing is done delete the record. Is there a way to do the initial
selection in one swoop (select and update) or is it two SQL statements? I
have to avoid two different processes selecting and modifying the same
record to minimize rollbacks/retries.

Any hints on what to do / not to do?

Thanks,

Normand