Hi Richard,

Thank you for replying and for updating the documentation. I didn't realize
that the trigger may be unexpectedly reattached to a different table when
the schema changes. If this is the case then perhaps the creation of temp
triggers on non-temp tables using non-qualified table names should not be
allowed. Maybe this will be corrected in SQLite4?

> Who are your users that you allow them arbitrary control over the DDL and
> yet you feel the need to protect them from their own actions?

This is not about protecting users from their own actions, but rather about
providing them correct feedback as a result of these actions.

I am working on an administration tool for SQLite
<http://sqliteexpert.com/> that
allows the execution of user queries and facilitates the table
restructure using a visual editor. Extracting complete metadata information
even for corner cases is vital for the correct execution of the program.
The users are sometimes reporting all kinds of bizarre situations in which
my tool does not display correct information, and I have come to realize
that telling them "don't do this" has the tendency of making them feel
uncomfortable. I have found that a different approach is generally
preferable - that the tool should be able to handle anything the users may
throw at it.

Thank you.

Bogdan Ureche