From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of Simon Slavin
Sent: November-30-13 14:15
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Bug in sqlite.exe?

On 30 Nov 2013, at 7:03pm, Eric Teutsch <er...@powersoft.ca> wrote:

> I've taken a picture of the odbc tool (showing the tables and the database
> name) and sqlite.exe with .database and .table showing.  You can see it
> here: http://www.powersoft.ca/files/sqlite.png
> It's the same file...

Nice piece of evidence.  Saves us many questions.  Thanks.

I don't know if the difference between 3.7.16.1 and 3.8.1 would cause your
problems.  But I suspect that something in the library your GUI app is using
is actually the cause.

In any case, the sqlite3 shell tool you're using was developed by the same
people who wrote the SQLite API itself.  It is considered cannonical and
bugless -- or as bugless as an app which has had open source code for ten
years can be.  So if another app argues with it it's the other app that's
assumed to be buggy until a precise bug can be found.

You have, of course, tested for corruption ?  Try this:

<http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_integrity_check>

Ideally do this in the shell tool.

Simon.