I tried to order a table by a column containing greek strings and I found
out that sqlite does not sort them correctly. It probably uses the order of
greek characters in the Unicode table, while the correct order is vastly
different.

Here is the correct order of greek characters (mixed case) as produced by
LibreOffice Calc:

α Α ά Ά β Β γ Γ δ Δ ε Ε έ Έ ζ Ζ η Η ή Ή θ Θ ι Ι ί Ί ϊ Ϊ ΐ κ Κ λ Λ μ Μ ν Ν ξ
Ξ ο Ο ό Ό π Π ρ Ρ σ Σ τ Τ υ Υ ύ Ύ ϋΫ ΰ φ Φ χ Χ ψ Ψ ω Ω ώ Ώ

Upper case letters are sorter right after the respective lower case ones,
and, most importantly, accented vowels are sorted right after the
non-accented ones.

Here is the same list of characters as ordered by sqlite:

Ά Έ Ή Ί Ό Ύ Ώ ΐ Α Β Γ Δ Ε Ζ Η Θ Ι Κ Λ Μ Ν Ξ Ο Π Ρ Σ Τ Υ Φ Χ Ψ Ω Ϊ Ϋ ά έ ή ί
ΰ α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ σ τ υ φ χ ψ ω ϊ ϋ ό ύ ώ

It is obvious that the most problematic point is the ordering of accented
letters, which it totally wrong.

Unfortunately, this ordering of greek characters is useless in practice, so
the correctly behavior should be implemented.

Using sqlite 3.8.1 under Linux.

Nikos Platis