I have the same problem. I have .sqlite db files, and I wish to read them
with sqlite3.exe (under Cygwin x64 on Win 7 x64).  I want this to work on
both computer A and computer B. (Both have the same Win 7 and Cygwin
installed).

But it only works on computer B, not on computer A.

I have the SAME .sqlite db file on the desktop on both computers. I run
sqlite3 filename from a Cygwin bash shell (under mintty). As soon as I enter
a sql command (select * from xxx;) I get the "unable to open database file
error".

The two computers have fs mounts on one-another. So I can run sqlite3 on
computer B, referencing the db file on computer A ... and it works, just
like when I reference the local file.

But none of this works when running on computer A. (And ... I tried it from
a CMD prompt, as suggested above. No dice.)

I noticed that the sqlite3.exe file on computer A has a different cksum than
the one on computer B. (Seems odd! The Cygwin installer shows the same
version on both!) Anyway, I copied the working exe from B over to A. And it
doesn't run at all on A.

So I uninstalled sqlite on A and reinstalled. Still no go.

I'm confuzzled.