2013/12/17 margave <margr...@mail.com>:
> Well, I gave up on sqlite inside of Cygwin.
>
> I found a standalone sqlite3.exe that does not depend upon (or install with)
> Cygwin.
> It's from http://www.sqlite.org
> One executable, no .dlls ... and it just runs, no problems.

I think I know what's the problem: The SQLite version included
in Fossil 1.27 had a bug in the calculation of the temp path:
It should be "/tmp/etilqs....." but the slash was missing, so
actual temporary files were named "/tmpetilqs.....". Whether
it works or not depends on your rights on the '/' directory.

Workaround: Create a dummy directory "foo" inside
/tmp, and set the SQLITE_TMPDIR environment
variable to "/tmp/foo". Then temporary files should
be created in the right directory (even though the name
is not right) which should make it work.

This SQLite bug is already fixed here:
       <http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/830629d31d>
so next fossil version should be OK.

Thanks!