Clemens wrote:

>  $ sqlite3
>  SQLite version 3.8.3 2014-01-11 12:52:25
>  Enter ".help" for instructions
>  Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
>  sqlite> .header on
>  sqlite> values(1);
>  (null)
>  1
>  sqlite> .mode html
>  sqlite> values(1);
>  Segmentation fault

One runs the risk stumbling upon obscure bugs sing what seems to be a beta.
Aforementioned becomes almost certain when one uses new features.

With the official 'r.v.u b' out of the box (no special compiler options
whatsoever):

sqlite3
SQLite version 3.8.2 2013-12-06 14:53:30
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> .he on
sqlite> values(1);
Error: near "values": syntax error
sqlite> .mode html
sqlite> values(1);
Error: near "values": syntax error

>  And I guess NULL should not be returned in the first place if there is no
> error.

Since you did not provide a column name returning (null) is quite logical. What
else?

Kind regards | Cordiali saluti | Vriendelijke groeten | Freundlliche Grüße,
Klaas `Z4us` V, CIO & freelance software engineer