On 2014/03/13 20:02, Petite Abeille wrote:
On Mar 13, 2014, at 4:17 PM, big stone <stonebi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there anyone else, (besides little bee), that would "like" this request?
"Oh! Oh pick me! Pick me! Me! Me! Meeee!” — Donkey, Shrek

Hehe, I live in a Country with 11 official languages. Needless to say the actual dialects used are regularly somewhere in between those official lines... the sort of thing would make a purist shudder. Either way, when lots of people from different linguistic origins work together, they sometimes speak a common language that invariably ends up being a bit of a mishmash and often misses complete words for which a descriptive might be pressed into service and, on occasion, becomes a mainstream constituent of the vernacular.

So it is that in one of these work-languages most widely spoken, my most favourite term is for a a Bee (a rather small English word) which ended up being referred to as "Picannini flymasjien yena kona lo jam", which in direct translation amounts to: "Very small fly-machine he's got jam".

Some beauty lies in the fact that the whole "machine" bit is completely unneeded "small fly" would have sufficed, but the lovely rhyme and metrum surfaces everywhere in the culture.

:)