Stefano Ravagni wrote:

> Yes,  i think tue value have to remain constant as far as i explicit close
datareader.
> This have an important effect; possibility to valle a datareader in a
specific routine
> and obtain hasrows value out of this routine.

The MSDN docs are unclear on this point; however, other ADO.NET providers
seem to follow
the System.Data.SQLite behavior you are seeing.

Meanwhile, I've added a new SQLiteDataReader.StepCount property on trunk
that will return
the number of rows seen so far.  Checking if this value is greater than zero
may work for
your use case, when combined with the HasRows property, e.g.:

        If Dati.HasRows = True Or Dati.StepCount > 0 Then
                ... code here ...
        End If

This new property will be present in the 1.0.92.0 release, due out next
week.

--
Joe Mistachkin