On Apr 2, 2014, at 9:01 AM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> On 2 Apr 2014, at 4:55pm, Kevin Xu <accol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> PRAGMA journal_mode=MEMORY;
>
> Since you're not using WAL mode, try it using WAL mode.  If you were already
> using WAL mode, I'd suggest trying with it off !
>
> Given your answers to the questions so far, I can't think of anything else to
> try you haven't already thought of.  The result you report don't seem unusual
> in any way.  I'm not looking at them and thinking you've done anything wrong.
>
> Simon.

Yes, I have tried various combinations of WAL/OFF/MEMORY and they do not appear
to affect the insert speed in any meaningful manner (e.g. +/- 0.3s on 500K
inputs).

However, http://blog.quibb.org/2010/08/fast-bulk-inserts-into-sqlite/ appear to
to achieve an average of over 150K inserts per second over 4 million rows. I am
aware that benchmark results are highly dependent on input size, platform, and
hardware, I would imagine the SSD I am running on would not be such a tight
bottleneck. Thus, I am trying to see if there is anything I can do to improve
on this.

Kevin