On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 9:16 AM, big stone <stonebi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I see the "threads" branch of fossil has a lot of activity and seems close
> to be finalized.

No, it still has a long way to go.

> Will it be activated by default on the downloadable executable for windows
> ?

Probably not.  It might be possible to activate this feature using a
PRAGMA.  Or, it might require a start-time or compile-time setting.  That
is still all very much in flux.

> Will it apply to parallelisable CTE expression ?

No.  Multiple cores will only be used by CREATE INDEX and by large ORDER BY
or GROUP BY statements that cannot be satisfied using indices.

Devoting 4 cores to the task allows large ORDER BY statements to go about
25% faster.

> Will it be possible from 1 sqlite.exe command line (or 1 python
> sqlite.execute) to launch several SQL in parallel (and separated threads) ?

No.

> Typical workload case (that would be awesome if it could be 4 times
> quicker) =
>
> ********************************************************************************************
> - a long treatment reading  a big table, which could be splitted into N
> treatments reading 1/N th of the records of the big table.
> - the N thread are adding the resulting records in 1 table.
>
> This typical workload could also be defined as a big CTE :
>    with
>       resulset1 as (...),
>       resulset2 as (...),
>       resulset3 as (...),